Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bad Timing

Have you ever come across someone that you hit it off with right away as if they're some sort of kindred spirit of yours, but the timing was just all wrong.  It's funny how you can go about living life without anything spectacular happening, i.e. when the time is perfect to be in a relationship, but no one really catches your eye.  But as soon as your life starts speeding up and you so many things to do with no where near enough time to do it BAM! You come across someone that makes put everything else on pause just to spend more time together.  When it comes to romance, I feel like more than just the standard compatibility, commitment, and honesty play a part in determining what makes a relationship work.  It also takes good timing.  It's not enough to simply like someone, you have to be willing to compromise and for me a lot of that compromise is taking time away from one thing and giving it to that person.  Now for some people this might not be much of an issue, but I just assume that those are the people with not a lot taking up their time.  For me, on the other hand, it proves to be a huge problem.  I'm in the midst of making major moves for my life, things that require my full and undivided attention, and it's just my luck that I find someone that I genuinely like.  Now considering that I've been single for quite some time now some people might think that this would be the best thing ever, but unfortunately it's just a little too late.  Now the question is do I just ride it out and see what happens next (which will likely be nothing) or do I just take that 'L' now?  It's really a shame... He actually has a lot of the qualities that I was looking for in a potential boyfriend, but alas the timing was just all bad.  Well at least now I have a better model of what I'm looking for, and I've gained some hope in knowing that what I want isn't completely unattainable.
Here's Hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment